Wednesday, October 8, 2008

NICU Update 10-8-08


Wednesday, 10-8-08 Update:

Thank you all for your prayers & support. Derrick, Dylan & I are doing well. Derrick has been a rock for me, doing all he can to make things easier. He has been wonderful. He has also been able to visit Dylan in the NICU more than I have (that's where he is right now) & is able to give me lots of great updates. He is planning on staying here at the hospital with me until I am released. That should be Friday night. We'll see what happens after that later. We are trying to take it one day at a time.

I am doing better. My BP is still a little high, but nothing compared to what it was when I came in. As much as I didn't want Dylan to be born yet, as sick as I was, I feel like he is better off in the NICU. I am still having some headaches, but I think they have to do with stress more than anything else.

For those who were asking, Dylan was born at 26 weeks, 6 days (October 6, 2008). He was 2 lbs. 3 oz. & 14.5 inches long. Dylan is such a fighter. He makes me so proud. He is trying to breathe on his own & is breathing only room air. They have him under photo therapy lights because he has a high billie rubin count. He is in a warmer, too. He was kicking me & moving around when we touched him tonight. The nurse who has been with him the last 2 nights says he is doing well.

While we rejoice that our Dylan is doing well, we know that it is really a waiting game. Please keep us & all of the families of the babies in the NICU in your prayers. When we went down to visit Dylan tonight, there was a family sitting outside a room crying. I know already that that is not a good sign. They were not there when we left & when Derrick went to run something back down for Dylan, there were nurses all over the room & all the lights were on. He is pretty sure that that little one didn't make it. It is very scary. So please pray for that family – all I know is that the little one's name was Jayden. Please keep us in your prayers, too, as we are trying to make some decisions that will effect us as a family.

I do not want to end on a sad note here because there are many great success stories from the NICU & we know that this is one of the best ones in the country. We are pleased that Dylan can be here & receive such great care. It is a blessing to us. I will be checking in later with more updates.

Lots of love & hugs to all!
~Renee
Dylan in the NICU

No comments:

Post a Comment