Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hospital Bedrest Update

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. I ate breakfast, then they moved my room, then I got settled in & took a nap. My mom & stepdad came up for a while & then I ate dinner & took a shower. I am finally settled into bed & I am finally getting around to updating. 

***I am posting the same note I posted on my pregnancy board, so some of it might not make sense. I will be more than happy to answer any questions that you have! 

Wednesday afternoon, my laptop wasn't working. Ultimately we found out that my hard drive was bad & Derrick had to change it out last night. That's why I couldn't get on & update earlier.

At the dr. on Wednesday I was told that despite the BP meds, my BP had not gone down & the protein in my 24 hr. urine was up. I was sent back to the hospital for more monitoring & another 24 hr. urine. Thursday night I was informed that my protein was almost twice what it had been when I had just done the previous collection 48 hrs. before. My BP was really high (180/110 range) & I had a migraine that kept coming back, even with medicine – all signs of pre-elampcia. The dr. thought I was going to have to deliver within a few days, so she got me set up to go to the OB floor at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City (about 1 hr. from our house). If you have to deliver early, this is the place to do it. The hospital in Davenport won't even deliver until 30 or 32 weeks. So I got the steroids shots for the baby's lungs. I was taken by ambulance (not in a rush, but apparently that it how they transport from one hospital to another) & I am now at the hospital in Iowa City. I've been here since late Thursday night.

Since getting here, I have been doing really well. My BP is right around normal range now & I haven't had any more headaches or anything. The drs. seem optimistic that I can carry the little guy for a while still. They upped my BP meds & I am on a modified bed rest at the hospital. So I will probably have lots of time to get on & chat! They say that I won't go home until the baby comes & they are hoping to hold things off until 34 weeks (but we'll see). I am only at 26weeks 4days right now, so I have a long road ahead of me. I found out that they do have activities for moms like me who are stuck at the hospital, so that is going to be exciting & fun. I am also planning on finishing some crafts & working on little guy's scrapbook. So I have a lot of things that I can be doing. 

I will try to get on with more updates soon - it is just kind of a waiting game at this point. So keep praying for me & the little guy. He needs to stay in a while longer! 

Love you guys! I'll be talking to you later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment