Saturday, January 28, 2012

Letting God Prepare the Way

So overall, I am very excited for our move. I am loving the idea of a 1 story, first floor apartment instead of our house with a basement laundry room. No more stairs...yes, please! I am super excited about the gym & pool on site (no more paying for a gym membership). Dylan & Casey will be super excited about the playground & dog park at the apartment complex. Derrick loves that our apartment is only a 5-10 minute walk to the college, where he will also be working. Derrick & I both love that the apartment complex is a gated community, where I can feel safe while Derrick is gone at work & class a lot. And really, who wouldn't love this view?



But then I start thinking. And thinking gets me in trouble. The things that most commonly comes through my mind are, "How am I going to be able to do this without my mom?" followed by, "How can I do this without my best friend Amy?" Sunday at church I had a little breakdown. I was listening to the worship team, realizing this would be one of the last times I would be here listening to them & I lost it. I excused myself & went to the bathroom to get some tissues (& some self-control). And there I found out how God plans things out, even to the smallest detail. Standing in the bathroom were my friend Lindsay & a lady named D'Lee. Both of these ladies understand what I am going through. D'Lee has moved several times, generally not knowing anyone when she arrived. Lindsay moved from Nashville to Davenport 3 years ago with her tiny baby & her husband so he could attend school. They are now preparing to move to Washington state for him to join his dad's Chiro practice. If 2 ladies know what I am going through, it would be them! They both told me that while moving is hard, God has always provided a wonderful church family & dear friends in every place that they have lived. They got me calmed down & while I am still a little bit of an emotional wreck, I know that God is preparing the way for us. Just as He sent 2 wonderful ladies ahead of me to comfort me (even if they didn't know they were going to be used for that when they went to the bathroom), I know He is preparing the right friends for me in Colorado Springs (and He is preparing me to be the friend that they need!) He didn't allow me to cry alone in the church bathroom - I know He won't allow me to go through this relocation alone. 


If this move is God's will for us (& we believe it is), then we know that He will prepare the way before us. He will provide us with what we need, whether it be financially, physically, or in my case, emotionally. As I am writing this, one of my favorite songs, Stronger, by Mandisa, came across my YouTube page. This song has gotten me through this very emotionally draining year that we've had. I was trying to figure out how to end this blog & then I heard this song. I'll leave you with the video & the lyrics to my favorite part of the song. 


Try and do the best you can
Hold on and let Him hold your hand
And go on and fall into the arms of Jesus
Oh, lift your head it's gonna end
God's right there
Even when you just can't feel Him
I promise you that He still cares

'Cause if He started this work in your life
He will be faithful to complete it
If only you believe it
He knows how much it hurts
And I'm sure that He's gonna help you get through this


More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmania.com/stronger_lyrics_mandisa.html
All about Mandisa: http://www.musictory.com/music/Mandisa

No comments:

Post a Comment