Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Weight Watchers

One week ago today I started Weight Watchers. I really didn't want to. I really wanted to just be okay & happy with who I was. I wanted to eat whatever I wanted & not gain weight. But I was gaining weight. And I felt terrible. I was grouchy, tired, & just didn't feel good at all. I needed to do something for my health & for my family.

My friend Jenny had been sharing her success with the program. She & I are (WERE the same size! Not anymore! Good job, Jenny!) the same size. She has lost the same amount of weight as what her 9 year old weighs! I decided that if she had so much success, then I wanted to try it, too! I didn't really think I would be able to stick with it or have much success. But I have now made it through one week...

So I have been at this 1 week. 7 days. Not too long. But I am already seeing a difference. So far I have lost 9 pounds. But even better than that, I FEEL better! I am less grouchy, less hungry, less tired. It's amazing what real food will do ;-)

This plan has made me really consider the things I put into my mouth. I made chicken tacos this week. (Chicken taco meat salad for me!) I usually put ranch on them. As I was adding up the points & knowing that I wanted dessert, I decided that dessert was more important to me than the ranch. My salad was still delicious & I was thrilled to have my dessert later!

While I have been eating a lot of veggies & fruits, that does not mean that I haven't had some treats. You saw the mention of dessert above! One thing I am loving about this program is that I can have treats if I pace myself throughout the day. I can have cheese, chocolate, ice cream, ranch dip. All things that I love, but that I shouldn't eat in large quantities.

So far, I am impressed. I am enjoying the plan. I like eating better, but I like the option of treats, too. My goal weight is still a long way off. Even so, I am feeling empowered that I will get there one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment