Monday, September 14, 2015

34 Things We Love About Derrick!

Easter - 2015
Today is Derrick's 34th birthday. In honor of this, Dylan, Andrew, & I have come up with 34 reasons that we love him!

Andrew's first birthday

From Andrew
1. Eat with Daddy
2. Eat pizza
3. Go park Daddy
4. Up-down Daddy(Andrew likes Derrick to hold him upside down).


Derrick and Dylan have always loved
playing video games together.
From Dylan
5. He is funny
6. He takes me places sometimes
7. We can go on trips with him
8. We play games & the Wii together
9. He reads to me at bedtime
10. He loves me a lot
Derrick & Dylan playing light sabers
- April 2012





From Renee
11. He is a great Daddy who loves his boys.

12. He has a great sense of humor. 
Derrick has been told he looks like this guy.

13. He is a hard worker, no matter what he is doing.

14. He loves Jesus & does his best to follow him every day.

15. He is very smart. 
NBC Graduation 2015

16. He encourages me to do what I love.

17. He is great about giving me a break from "mom" life when I need it. 

18. He does a great job caring for the boys. He has never referred to himself "babysitting" the boys. He has, however, babysat for our friends before while I went out.

19. He is a fantastic preacher & loves to study God's Word to prepare to share it with others.

20. We are becoming foster parents, not because I want to & he is just along for the ride, but because he understands the need for good foster families & he knows that kids need a stable home while their parents are working their stuff out. 

Derrick & Steven at Steven's wedding
 - August 2014

21. He is very loyal to the people he loves.

22. He doesn't think he is too good to help around the house if he needs to. He loads the dishwasher, cooks, sweeps, & does laundry. His mama trained him right!
Derrick holding Dylan for the first time
- Late October 2008
23. He also gets up in the night with the kids. He changes diapers & bed sheets, feeds bottles, gives snuggles. He's a fantastic dad.

24. He loves ice cream. And I love ice cream. And we love to eat ice cream together after the kids go to bed!

25. He has never been frustrated when my medical issues have made it so I can't do things. He has always been there to be an encouragement for me to do the things I CAN do.

26. I can trust him. 

27. He follows God, even when it is hard & isn't the most popular thing to do.

Candid shot taken just before our wedding.
It is still one of my favorite pictures.
28. He has stuck with me through all of my emotional-ness, my
crabbiness, my unreasonable sadness & has helped carry me through all of it.

29. He includes me in all decisions that affect our family.

30. He works really hard to control his temper, even when it is really hard to do so.
Bedtime snuggles! (2015)

31. He cares about people a lot.

32. He makes our family a priority. He takes seriously his role as a husband & father.


PJ & Derrick - early 2015 

Dave & Derrick
- August 2015


33. He finds people he can look up too in lots of different areas of life so he can better himself.






34. He has matured over the past 15 years that we have been together, but he is still the same man I fell in love with. He is definitely an improved version of his younger self!

Wedding Day - May 22, 2004
May 2007


Fall 2014













Derrick, we love you & are so thankful for you! You bless us every day! Thank you for being you!

No comments:

Post a Comment