Friday, April 22, 2011

D&C Follow-Up - April 2011


I want to thank everyone who has been praying for us over the last few days. We have felt your prayers & they have been an encouragement to us. It is a blessing to know that we are loved as we move through this phase in our lives. 

Surgery went pretty well yesterday. No major problems, but I had a much harder recovery than I expected. I feel much better today & was even able to go to work (a good thing since there were several things to finish up for the Good Friday service tonight). I am honestly feeling physically better than I have in weeks. Emotionally, I am still hurting & a little sensitive about things, but that's also somewhat normal (just ask my husband). 

We think we have decided on a name for this little one. Since we weren't able to find out gender & I don't want to get to heaven someday to have my baby say, "Mom, why did you name me a boy/girl name when I am a girl/boy?" we decided that we would try to find a gender neutral name. For anyone who knows me well, you know that this was a struggle. I love strong boy names & cute girl names & can't really figure out how to make them overlap. Derrick finally suggested Alex. That was a name I hadn't thought about, but it's a good one. Some of you might think it's a little weird to name this baby, but I think it will bring some healing & closure for us. 

We're through the surgery & recovery, but as I learned last time, sometimes the pain of the loss comes when you least expect it. Please continue to pray for us. I appreicate all of you so much for all your support & love!

No comments:

Post a Comment